Community Enrichment Night: Preparing for College Starts Early!
Practical Suggestions on How to Prepare, Pick, and Pay for College
Join us for an educational evening about preparing for your child’s college, both financially and academically. Join experienced admissions, financial aid, and investment professionals on Monday, January 9, 2017 from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at the Marcus Parkwood Theatre in Waite Park. This free event is for parents and students in grades 5-10. You’ll receive real-world recommendations on topics from how to find the right college, what classes to take, as well as how to prepare financially and find outside resources to help pay for college. There will be opportunities to ask questions.
The information session is about all things college prep. All the steps you can do now to begin the process are topics that will be covered:
• Financial planning
• College search and application process
• Transitioning to college
• Choosing a major
The discussion will include:
• How to get started: What classes, experiences and activities should my child be involved in?
• Preparing for Higher Education: What does a college prep program look like?
• Finding the Best Fit: How to find schools that are a good fit for your student’s interests and abilities.
• Financial Aid: What’s available, for whom and how much?
• Scholarships: How to maximize your student’s scholarship potential.
• Saving for College: Learn about Education Savings accounts including 429 and Coverdell.
Presenters include Jamie Schrupp, Investment Advisor Representative with MFP, INC; Karen Backes, Dean of Admission at CSB/SJU; Holly Shuck from St. Cloud State University and Mary Jo Leighton from Saint John’s Preparatory School. Doors open at 6:00 p.m. The program on preparing for college will start promptly at 6:30 p.m. RSVP for this free event at www.sjprep.net/visit.
Founded in 1857, Saint John’s Prep is a Catholic/Benedictine, co-ed, private day and boarding school, providing students of all faiths in grades 6-12, with a college-preparatory curriculum. For more information, visit http://www.sjprep.net/visitor call 320-363-3315. Visit Saint John’s Prep on our next Discovery Day, Jan. 16 or Open House on Feb. 25.