Vespers with Janet Chvatel and Marc Gremm April 30
Vespers with Janet Chvatel and Marc Gremm
A Concert Honoring Donald Chvatel ’58
The Great Hall
April 30, 2017 2:00 p.m.
Free, All are Welcome
Saint John’s Preparatory School is proud to partner with the alumni of the Class of 1958 to welcome world-renown soprano, Janet Chvatel, and her husband, Marc Gremm.
Janet is the daughter of +Don Chvatel ’58. The concert will be given in his honor and is sponsored by his classmates.Janet and Marc are planning an hour of vespers in the Saint John’s Great Hall. All our welcome to attend the concert and the post-concert social.
Year of Celebrations
Janet and Marc will meet Saint John’s Prep students on Monday, May 1. Their program is part of the 160th anniversary celebration of the Prep School. Janet will share her thoughts on the impact Saint John’s had on her father’s life, as well as her own. She will also share details about her career as a Austria-based opera singer.Janet’s visit is the fifth event in this year of celebrations. Students have learned from other guests including:
• Jack Rinn ’06 who shared how the lessons learned at SJP still impact his life everyday.
• Peggy Roske, archivist for the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University, who shared details on the establishment of Saint John’s.
• Abbot John Klassen, OSB ’67 shared how the Benedictine approach to education engages all aspects of a person’s mind, body and spirit.
• U.S. Sen. Dave Durenberger ’51 shared the monks of Saint John’s Abbey taught him to think of others, even when the lessons were hard to learn. He spoke about his career in public service and the 2016 elections.
• Jack Ulrich ’82, a futurist who studies the latest breakthroughs in technology and society, shared how to think about their futures and technology, while not forgetting their past.